Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A post about leaving that private all boys primary school I keep talking about.

Monday and Tuesday were my last days at the school I have been working at for my internship. I must say I was quite sad to say goodbye to all the students and the teachers. They were all so lovely to me. And of course, all of my students were brilliant and adorable. Or, as brilliant as four years olds can be. There was one classroom in particular that I spent a lot of time in and really loved working with. Their teacher was super nice and a great teacher. And also pretty hilarious. Although I do love working with the little ones, I think I am meant to work with older students. As much as I love helping them do simple activities, I can't take the nose picking. Or tattle-tailing. That being said, I am so glad that I got the opportunity to work there. I spent my last afternoon in the park with them hunting for chocolate Easter eggs in St. George's park. It was so cute to see them running around and basically acting how 4 year old children should. They were only allowed ten eggs and the class I mention above were the only boys who listened to that rule. Bless little D's (I have changed his name obvi) heart for asking his teacher to help him count his eggs because he thought he had one extra. Of course the other boys had their bags filled to the brim. A few of the boys even found extra chocolate eggs and gave them to me. I don't think they understood that I won't be returning next term though. 
I will miss all their smiling faces, that is for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment