Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 2: A quick wander around Waterstones

Well...jet lag has set in. I was unable to fall asleep until about 3 am London time last night. I did force myself to wake up somewhat earlier today in hopes that I'll be able to fall sleep tonight (crossing my fingers). This morning I had to make (another) trip to Vodaphone and now my phone is fully functioning! I spent most of my day trying to figure out our weekend travel plans going forward. This proved to be a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I was able to sort out a few things though! After dinner, Maggie wanted to walk and find the Newman Center near our dorm building. It was raining only a tiny bit. There were still people walking around. Which I was thankful for, because I just follow their lead when attempting to cross a street. I always get confused as to which way to look or which way the cars are going to turn. Luckily, a few of the streets have "look right" or "look left" written on the pavement. I will try to snap a picture of these at some point. On our walk we passed a Waterstones (bookstore). Since we are both massive book lovers, we had to go inside. And let me tell you, it was massive. We began wandering around on the ground floor in search of Girl Online by Zoe Sugg and The Pointless Book by Alfie Deyes. We couldn't find either of them, but saw loads of other books. We decided to consult the guide next to the stairway and found that it there were four floors. It would take hours to go through all of the rooms and shelves full off books. Eventually we found Girl Online and Alfie's book (see below). I will definitely be making a trip back there. They had loads of children's books that were adorable too. I may have to pick a few up before I leave for a few little kids I know. 

I could easily fill a suitcase up with novels to bring home. 

A. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing I love your descriptions even if about crossing a street. Something we don't think about

    ReplyDelete