Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 9/10: Milkshakes and Oxford Street.

So, I was meant to write this post on Saturday night but clearly that did not happen. I am going to attempt to remember what we did.......Okay. Got it!

On Friday morning I had more orientation lectures and presentations, which ended up being pretty interesting actually. At 2 o'clock everyone in our program was split into groups of 2/3 for a scavenger hunt. We had three hours to go to a bunch of different locations all around London. It was very cold and super exhausting. By the end of it, we were all starving. So we decided to stop at Sainsburys to grab some food for dinner. I must say I don't mind making dinner for myself. Later on Maggie and I ended up walking around the area and found a super tiny burger place. It's name is Burger and Shake. We were both craving chocolate , as per usual, so we decided to stop in for shakes. Maggie went for a chocolate one and I had salted caramel. I had never had a milkshake in that flavor before but I must say it was very yummy. We also decided to share a plate of fries. We figured we deserved it after the three hours we spent running around London.
We had to laugh at the fact that we found the most American restaurant to stop in.


Maggie and I woke up quite early on Saturday so we could be on our way to Oxford Street by 10. It is about a twenty minute walk to get there from where we are living. Personally, I like walking places because you get to really see the city that way. The tube can be fast (depending on where you are going) but you are underground a miss a lot of the scenery!

Our first stop was Primark. This store was massive. I was able to find a few pieces of clothing!


I tried this dress and pretty much fell in love. It was very inexpensive and fit quite well. I think it is one of those dress that can fit all season. 

Well, I'm not sure why its cutting off half the picture. This is a t-shirt that was only 4 pounds. I wore it yesterday and it was super comfortable. Its quite thin so it will be perfect for spring. 

For my internship (blog about it here), I go outside with the students during gym class and needed some suitable trousers to wear. 

After Primark, we headed towards the other shops. We wandered around Topshop, HM, and Miss Selfridges. I held myself back from buying the whole store. We also found the Drop Dead store near Carnaby Street (Bonus points if you know why this is even relevant). We also stumbled upon this cute area. They had tons of restaurants that we will deffo be going back to. 


I have been on the hunt for a reusable water bottle. This was more difficult than I thought it would be. Maggie and I went into a football shop...and I found a water bottle! I only knew three of the teams and decided on a Chelsea FC one. Although, I sort of wish I had bought a Manchester United one. Or a Manchester City one. 
I think I fit in quite well now. 

On Sunday, Maggie and I asked our friend Lauren to go to the Museum of London with us. It was actually an assignment for class, so the blog post for that is here. Check that out if you'd like. 

A.  







No comments:

Post a Comment