Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 6: Covent Garden

Yesterday Maggie and I decided to make a quick trip to Covent Garden. It was about a twenty minute walk. But lucky for us the sun was out the entire time! We stopped into a few shops (Zara, Oasis) on our way to the Covent Garden Market. 
There were tons of cute cafes and cake shops. 
This is inside the Piazza where they have loads of little shops and restaurants. Including a Shake Shack. There a few designer shops in there as well. 


This shop is just in the bottom right hand corner of the picture above. Maggie and I wondered down there, once we saw the options for crepes we had to try one! 
Everything was very pink and super cosy. They had tiny wooden tables for people to sit at. 
Maggie and I decided to share "the nutty professor" which had nutella and peanut butter in it. Super, super yummy! We will def be going back there. 

I also ordered a macchiato. Maggie had a hot chocolate. 
It was much better than Starbucks. 



I am not sure if anyone taller than 5'10'' would be able to stand up straight in this shop. 
We also decided to stop into the Disney store.

We also passed this shop window. I am hungry again just looking at this! 


This sun was setting while we were walking back. This is Hotel Russell, the picture seriously does not do it any justice. 
This building is what The Ministry of Truth is based off of in George Orwell's novel 1984. It is also Gotham City in Batman. 

Sadly, I only have a few pictures of the tube from today. 

A bit of tube etiquette: The right side is reserved for those not moving. The left side is for those who need to run down the stairs and nearly knock everyone over. I am turning into one of those people. 
A. 











1 comment:

  1. No song? I got one for this. The coffee/nutty peanut place made me go to Simon and Garfunkel, dangling conversation. Listen if you can. To reach your Emily Dickinson...lol

    ReplyDelete